Just when I thought I was starting to emerge from the shadows...
Pain has a way to find you, no matter where you (try to) run and hide. It found me today, and it came to pay me a "nice" long visit too. It was a messy guest to say the least. It showed no regard for my privacy, and dug into the nooks and crannies of the best/worst memories of my marriage. With every reminiscent thought there was a tear, never a laugh. The good times make me sad, because they "ain't" coming back. The bad times, well, they are bad. Memories never travel light or alone. They bring along legion of emotions... Space Mountain, step aside, there is a new roller coaster in town! Up, down, down, then up again. If I had a dime for every emotion I experienced today, I would be rich, even by John McCain's standards.
I impatiently waited for the unwelcome visitor to leave. But to be honest, by now I am almost certain, it came to spend the night. I hope it has the decency to leave before I wake up...
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment