Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 21: Shall we overcome?

Ok, so I have been down in the dumps a little, lately... ok, maybe a lot. It's that "irretrievably broken" part that splits my heart like a dagger. It has the ring of a terminal illness; the sound of it is offensive, staggering, sobering, and undeniably disconcerting. In vernacular verbiage, my marriage is mubr (mess up beyond recognition). What is this road that took me all the way from the white dress (with the gorgeous long train) to the lowest valley my soul has ever graced? How did I go from finding a "soul mate" (yuck, that's corny) to feeling defrauded, dethroned, and demoted? Who would have thought that love was a "perishable item?" Perhaps it might be helpful to tattoo people with an expiration date, or attach a warranty claim certificate right there next to the marriage license. But then, who would honor such warranty? It is useless, our humanity has a vast array of shades of acceptable treatment of others, and some reach the darkest corners of the spectrum. It is by all means as inevitable as earth's rotation. It will happen. I guess this time it happened to me.

2 comments:

  1. I pray for you EVERY morning. You are on my mind so much. I love you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenemos que ir al Big Easy a exorcisar demonios en la pista de baile!

    ReplyDelete