I am no fan of clichés; nor I believe in using them to somehow motivate people through difficult times. However the infamous "today is the first day of the rest of your life" reclaims some real estate in the land of meaning for me as I reflect on my impending divorce. Yes, the "D" word. It could never happen to you, that happens to other people. Yeah right. What else is left when you have given your best to someone, only to discover that the inbound lane was closed on this two-way street?
It has been 104 hours since I discovered that my marriage was a sham, a mirage, an illusion created by the amalgamation of my rose-colored, lovey-dovey, self-enhanced image of my husband and his ability to indiscriminately pull the cloak of deception over anyone that stood in his path. Ok, so you are thinking: there goes another bitter woman! Bitter, maybe. Heartbroken, absolutely. However this blog is not about him; it is about me. It is about the painful process of picking up the pieces and not putting it back together again, but making something complete new and beautiful out of it. Today, I decided to blog. I decided to leave markers along the trail. If I make it out ok, perhaps others could follow the same way out.
So, this is day one; so far still in denial. Tomorrow... who knows? See you then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment