Ok, I know that I skipped yesterday in my newly acquired blogging routine. However, I will render the account of yesterday's as I best recall:
Today I woke up feeling empowered and ready to take on the world. My Panamanian self, clad in the reddest shade of red I could get my hands on, proceeded to meet my legal sidekick, my very own and very first attorney. After a few laps around the previously unknown office building, I found her small yet properly arranged headquarters. I was welcomed with a smile, as if the case was won before I even mustered a single word. They knew I meant business, and were expecting me to fill in the initial details.
Invited to seat for the preview to my meeting with destiny, I hurriedly filled a form with the minutiae of my personal whereabouts and "whatabouts." As I watched the hands of the wall clock race each other in their endless dance, I noticed an award certificate strategically displayed to ensue confidence... it worked! I was glad to know my attorney was winning awards, which I interpreted as meaning she was also winning cases, lots of them. But this was not a fight to destroy someone who shattered the very essence of my womanhood. Instead, this was a fight to re-build my self, my trust, my desire to be loved in kind. So, I want to win, I have to win, I have to...
I was not prepared for what I saw when the door opened. She was young, almost baby-faced. Was that really her? She had a kind and pleasant demeanor, almost lamb-like. Oh, but when the door to the boardroom closed behind us, and she began to speak, I felt a rush of confidence in this young juris doctor. She was sensible and supportive without being patronizing. I could not understand how someone I just met could make me feel that everything was going to be OK, and in less than sixty minutes! I was sold.
So, as the "opposing team" is out serving their penalty, we set out to take the power play head on and hope that victory will be swift.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment