Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 148: Breakthrough

This is me, yes me, rising from an unintentionally extended verbal slumber. It is not come from lack of words, or sentiments, in search of a proper outlet. My silence was born because life has the indelible tendency to stubbornly continue in spite of our pratfalls. Nothing ever stops. Noses must be wiped, "ouchies" must be kissed, beds have to be made [...], you get the picture; the list is, for all intents and purposes, endless. In spite of all, you must find a way to free your tired breath and allow the world to hear your cry, at least once in a while. So, today I came back to go on telling the tale; hopefully you will stick around. Thanks so much for your brave companionship!

For those who did not know, a month ago the i's were doted and the t's were crossed. A final deadly blow took away the life out of what is officially now the corpse of a love that will never be again. There was no funeral, no tears, and no 21 gun salute. It is over, it just is. I never before entertained sadness, relief, hope, and nostalgia, all at the same time! It was both perplexing and emotionally exhausting. In the end, all I felt was numbness, a whole lot of numbness. I guess that is OK, you know; at least I am not feeling that dull wooden spoon carving out my beating heart anymore. Maybe, I have reached the point where I do not need the pain to remind me that I am alive anymore! I am alive, well, and ready to face tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers, thanks for your love.

1 comment:

  1. You are a brave woman, F.! I am proud of your strength. yes, let it out...let it out, sister... The most important is to let it go! you will be so refreshed again! Love. Q.

    ReplyDelete